Monday, January 26, 2009

Google my Earth

One the science technologies I explored this week was Google Earth. This tool is so amazing! I started off with a view of earth from space and was able to zoom in all the way to where I lived. I thought that it was so cool that on the map of the earth they had different cities, monuments, national parks, universities etc that you could see. I was zoomed in on just the state of Utah and one of the tabs said "Brigham Young University" and when you clicked on that tab wikipedia popped up and you could read about BYU. When I zoomed in on where I live it didn't show my apartments because they were not built yet. The satellite picture of Provo must have been at least 2 years old because my apartments are only a year and a half old. This would be a great tool to use when teaching kids and would keep them interested in the lesson for sure. If you asked a student what his address was and zoomed in on his house with Google Earth that would spark some attention in the students for sure.

1 comment:

  1. we will actually be doing a project with this technology later in the semester.

    Please make sure that when you tag you use wk3 not wk 3

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.